Delivery and Returns
- What is your standard delivery?
Our standard delivery time is up to 3 working days.
- How do I request next day delivery on an order?
We offer a FREE next day delivery* on any item in stock. Simply place your order online or by phone by 2pm and you can choose to have a next day delivery. If ordering online you will have the option to select next day; if ordering over the phone with us please state clearly to your advisor that you would like your items sent on our next day service. *Subject to availability
- Can I arrange a delivery date to suit me?
Yes you can. If you are ordering online you can arrange for a delivery up to 60 days in advance. If you are ordering over the phone, by email or by fax you can still request a specific delivery date to suit you.
For a hassle-free way to receive your holiday orders simply let us know when you're in the office and we’ll make a delivery to suit you! Use our online holiday delivery form, it's really quick and easy!
- Can I track my order online?
At the present time we are unable to offer an online order tracking service. If you do have a query regarding your delivery, please contact our Customer Services team who will be able to track your order for you.
- My delivery hasn’t arrived, who do I contact?
Please contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to track your order for you.
- My order has arrived incomplete. What do I do?
In the first instance please check your delivery note. All items will be listed, with any delayed items highlighted with a revised delivery date. If the item you are expecting is not listed on your delivery note, please contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.
- What is direct delivery?
A direct delivery refers to an item which is not held in stock with us and will be delivered to you direct from our manufacturers. We will liaise with our manufacturers to ensure the delivery is made at a time to suit you and notify you of when this will be.
- What happens if you try to deliver when we are closed?
If you have an order placed on a scheduled delivery and you are closed, our courier partner will leave a card and reattempt delivery on the next working day.
- Do I have to sign for my delivery?
Yes. To enable us to track your order as well as provide you with a proof of delivery, our courier partner will require a signature on delivery.
- Are there any delivery charges?
Orders for both Stock and Non-Stock items for delivery in the mainland UK or the Isle of Wight are normally inclusive of any standard delivery charges. Certain Non-Stock Items may be subject to an additional delivery charge, as indicated on the relevant page of the Catalogue, online or as advised by Consortium when the order is placed. Mainland UK does not include Northern Ireland, The Scilly Isles, The Scottish Isles, The Isle of Man, The Channel Islands and the rest of the World.
- We're closed for summer, how do I change my delivery date?
Tell us when you can receive your order during the summer period with our online holiday delivery form! It's really quick and easy and you can pick a delivery date that best suits you!
- I've placed my order, can I change my delivery date?
Please contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.
- How can I return an item?
Our no quibble returns policy means you are welcome to return any item within 7 working days of delivery. If we have delivered an incorrect item we will happily replace this for you within 28 days of delivery. Complete our online returns form or alternatively contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.
- Is there a charge for returning an item?
We will never charge you for collecting an unwanted item, however in some instances a restocking charge may apply. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- Can I return a complete order?
- Who do I contact if I have a faulty item?
- More information on delivery times
Any dates quoted by Consortium for the delivery of Goods are approximate only and Consortium shall not be liable for any delay in delivery beyond the reasonable control of Consortium. Deliveries shall be made by Consortium or an appointed third party with the following conditions:
- If a customer has a “goods-in” delivery point, all deliveries will be made there.
- If a customer doesn’t have a “goods-in” point, all deliveries will be made to the main ground floor entrance of the delivery address – and must always be left in a safe and secure location.
- In cases where the entrance foyer is too small or unsuitable to leave goods, drivers will leave the items at reception/first point of entry.
- The decision on whether the foyer is a safe and secure location rests with the customer and not the driver.
- Drivers are not insured to go past reception so will not deliver to specific points within a building.
Please note this does not apply to pallet deliveries when the customer will be responsible for moving and unpacking the order and disposing of the pallet. All deliveries should be checked against the advice note, which should be signed to confirm receipt of goods. Any discrepancies should be notified to Enquiries within 14 days of delivery, except where deliveries were made direct by suppliers when discrepancies must be notified to Consortium within the period specified on the supplier's delivery note and no later than 7 days from the date of delivery. Consortium reserves the right to charge a redelivery cost when a delivery made on a day arranged with the Customer has been refused or not been possible. Where the Goods are to be delivered in instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract. Failure by Consortium to deliver any one or more of the instalments in accordance with these Conditions or any claim by the Customer in respect of any one or more of the instalments shall not entitle the Customer to treat the Contract as a whole as repudiated.