The latest generation of the Raspberry Pi Model B features a 1.2GHz, 64bit quad core processor as well as onboard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The new board also features improved power management, allowing it to power more demanding USB peripherals.
• 1.2GHz CPU
• 1GB RAM
• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy function
• 40-pin Extended GPIO
• 4x USB 2 ports
• 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
• Full size HDMI
• CSI camera port to connect a Raspberry Pi camera
• DSI display port to connect a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
• Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
Our Tech team are avid fans of the Raspberry Pi3 Model B. They built an Arcade machine during STEM week using Raspberry Pi3 Model B and RetroPie software/ NOOBS. This controlled all sorts of elements such as flashing lights and sounds. They found that this model is far superior to other Pi’s they have in school and it could even be used to replace the suite of PC’s that we have in the ICT Suite. It would be a fantastic thing to get the children more involved in.
Emma Gerrard, KS1 & KS2 Teacher